To Puberty and Beyond
Course Description: Puberty is a challenging time for all youth, but can present even more challenges for young people who have developmental disabilities, including autism and intellectual disabilities. It is important that ALL adolescents learn about their developing bodies and emerging sexuality. The training will offer teachers, parents, para-educators and therapists information about developmentally appropriate instructional strategies for teaching the social skills, self-awareness, and safety skills necessary to provide appropriate sexuality education. Easy to use, accessible curriculum, materials, and lesson plans will be demonstrated and shared.
After completing this course, participants will be able to:
- Identify important components for appropriate sexuality education
- Utilize developmentally appropriate strategies to approach hard to teach concepts
- Incorporate strategies for teaching one on one and group lessons
- Find, access, and adapt sexuality education curriculum, lesson plans, and materials to meet the needs of individual students
Registration Fee: $110.00
Online Registration: www.eastersealsar.com "Trainings" or Fax registrations to 501-227-3771
1. Workshop Date: Thursday, July 10, 2014; Location: SE AR Education Service Coop 1022 Scoggin Drive, Monticello, AR 71655; Time: 8:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. (Registration begins at 8:00 am); Contact Person/Agency: Dianna Griffe Easter Seals Arkansas Outreach; Contact Phone Number: 501-227-3770; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; Website: www.eastersealsar.com.